— Understanding Economics —
Lesson 7: The Remedy; Its Justice
1. Name six remedies frequently proposed for the abolition of poverty. | Text |
2. The ultimate effect of removing government inefficiency and corruption would be | Text |
a. slight; the government is relatively efficient.3. Which of the following is not true about labor unions? | Text |
a. They do nothing to help the lowest level of working people.4. How does the concept of the "bundle of rights" of real estate ownership illustrate the essential character of land? | Supplement |
5. What two general criteria to economists use to judge policies? Which does Henry George propose to put first - and why? | Text |
6. Does priority of occupation give a person an exclusive right to own land? Explain your answer. | Text |
7. Do all people have an equal right to life?
8. Can human beings live without land?
9. Do all people, therefore, have an equal right to land?
10. Legitimate ownership of something comes from | Text |
a. a.community's laws regarding ownership.11. People would think you were out of your mind if you bought land | Supplement |
a. just to hold it for speculation.12. Common property in land means | Text |
a. a socialist economy.13. If land rent is taken in taxation, landowners should be compensated because | Text |
a. it is stipulated by the US Constitution.
14. Why do you think the principles discussed in this lesson are not more widely understood?