Lessons and Readings
- The Problem of Poverty: Are We Unable to Produce Enough for All?
- Naming Things Right: Economic Definitions
- Wealth Distribution: Effects of Technology and Trade
- What Keeps the Economy from Fulfilling Its Potential?
- Capital: Wealth Used in Production
- Economics of Booms and Busts
- The Remedy; Its Justice
- Applying the Remedy
- Establishing Justice and Prosperity
- Political Economy and the Progress of Civilization
Henry George quote for today:
- What IS the Problem?
- “Economics” and Political Economy
- Why is there an “Iron Law of Wages”?
- Poverty and Overpopulation
- The Margin of Production
- How Do We Divide the Fruits of Labor?
- Capital, Interest and Profits
- The Unbounded Savannah
- The Dynamics of Wealth Distribution
- The Dog in the Manger
- The Effects of Expectation…
- The Boom/Bust Cycle (Parts 1-4)
- Henry George’s Remedy (Parts 1 – 10)
More Great Reads
- Liberation Theology and Land Reform
- Georgist Journal archives
- A letter from Gaia
- The Land Question
- The Georgist Philosophy in Culture and History
- Assessment of Land Values
- The Life of Henry George by Henry George, Jr.
- Who Was Henry George? by Agnes de Mille
- “Archimedes” by Mark Twain
- The Real Origin of Monopoly
- Madsen abridgement of Progress and Poverty
- Unabridged Progress and Poverty, rtf file
Our Other Courses