Our courses cast light on today’s baffling economic problems.
Who was Henry George?
During his lifetime, he became the third most famous person in America, behind Thomas Edison and Mark Twain. He was one of the most important voices of the Progressive Era, and his supporters included Leo Tolstoy, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill and John Dewey, to name a few. Here is more on George’s life and work.
- Where do YOU stand on the Big Economic Questions?
- You CAN understand economics!
- Here’s how to enroll! All texts and materials included free in this online economics course.
- Check out our Site Map! Or learn more about Economic Definitions!
- Comments from our students.
- Approved by the National College Credit Recommendation Service
Our New Book! A user-friendly political economy text for the 21st-century, based on Henry George’s timeless insights. Decades in the making, this up-to-date guide will change the way you think and feel about society and wealth. Order a copy
The Henry George Institute is a non-profit organization, founded in 1971. It is a membership organization supported by dues and contributions. In the belief that the philosophy of Henry George has important answers to today’s urgent problems, the Institute is established to promote this philosophy by educational means. Here’s more on the HGI, and how to join. You can join the HGI, renew dues, or make a contribution right here!